W H Collier Limited
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be stored and processed by us. Who we may share the information with. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
Under EU-GDPR data protection legislation, W H Collier Ltd is required to explain to you why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share your information with anyone else.
This statement applies to customers, users of our website, current (and prospective) employees and those who wish to receive marketing information from us. Please read this statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This statement tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This statement relates to information collected from you through your use of our website www.whcollier.co.uk. It also relates to information which we collect from you in person, over the telephone, following links in our emails, use social media functions or if you contact us in writing either by post or email. The information you give may include your name, address, email address, phone number and credit/debit card information.
This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
It is important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information which we hold so that the information which we hold is accurate and current.
OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We are not legally required to adopt a Data Protection Officer.
All enquiries should be sent to Data Protection at our registered address, or email email@example.com or telephone 01206 210301.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information that you provide to us is required in order for us to:
Fulfil your orders for products with us;
Provide you with marketing information about products in which you may be interested;
For our monitoring of the use of the WHC Site by users;
For profiling purposes so we can better tailor the WHC Ltd Site content to users' browsing behaviour.
Analytics cookies (including google analytics) help us to evaluate site activity and improve functionality of the site. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE USE
We are collecting information about you in order to achieve the purposes set out above (see 'Why are we collecting your information?'). This includes:
- Personal details
- Contact details (such as your address, phone number and email address)
- Payment information (such as payment methods, billing address details and other information related to payment. Please note W H Collier Ltd do not retain or store credit card, debit card or other confidential payment information)
- Website use and communications
- Details of any contact with our team (such as a record of your correspondence with us or notes of telephone conversations)
- Browser information and online identifiers (such as your browser types, browser version host operating system, browser language and your IP address)
- information about your visit to the W H Collier Ltd Site (such as full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from our site, products viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs) and methods used to browse away from the page)
- Details of any agreement or objection to receiving marketing information from us
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN AND SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly obtain or store any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs.
If we are made aware that we have received information from anyone under the age of 18 or Special Categories of Personal Data, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We deem that we have legal basis to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Marketing purposes
- We will only contact you by electronic means (email) or post with information about goods similar to those which you have enquired about or purchased previously. We will do this where you have made an order, enquired about our products or you have otherwise confirmed that you agree to us sending you such information (see 'What is our lawful basis for using your information' below).
Please note that you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can request us not to use your personal data for this purpose when setting by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can unsubscribe by clicking on the relevant link in the footer of the email.
- Placing an order
We use your personal data to process and fulfil your orders effectively and to carry out any further obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. This will include using your email address and/or mobile phone number so that we can send you information confirming your order.
We may share information with suppliers and sub-contractors involved in your order (hauliers/couriers)
If you report a problem with your order, we may use your personal data to investigate that problem.
- Use of the W H Collier Ltd Site
When you use the W H Collier Ltd Site we may use your personal data to:
Administer the W H Collier Ltd Site and for internal operations such as to help diagnose problems with our server, trouble shoot, analyse data and other administrative purposes;
improve the W H Collier Ltd Site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, tablet or mobile phone.
Keep the W H Collier Ltd Site safe and secure;
improve the services we offer, make recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to develop marketing programs; and
If you report a problem with the W H Collier Ltd Site, use your personal data to investigate and resolve the reported problem.
- Customer service and training
We may use your personal data in order to handle any issue which you raise with our team.
We may also use your personal data in order to train our members of staff.
We may also use your personal data to notify you about changes to our service.
- Prevention of fraud and security
We may use your personal data to help to protect you from fraud. For instance, we may carry out identity verification, credit or anti-fraud checks against your name using third party databases which may involve disclosure of your personal details to registered credit reference or fraud prevention agencies who may retain and use your personal information.
WHAT IS OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION?
In accordance with Data Protection laws, W H Collier Ltd acts under a range of legal bases for processing of personal data, which are:
- Legitimate interests - where we believe it is in our legitimate interest that we collect your personal data and inform you about certain products.
- Contract- Using your information will be necessary for us to either perform the contract between us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Legal obligation – where we have a legal requirement to process or hold personal data (excluding a contract)
- Consent - where you have provided us with a recent, clear, explicit, and defined consent, on an ‘opting-in’ basis, for your data to be processed for a specific purpose. Where we work with any special category personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting W H Collier Ltd or (where ‘unsubscribe’ links are provided) unsubscribing to any communications.
SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
Your information will be stored on our secure web server and our own backups. We may also store your information on paper at our office
You have a statutory right to see a copy of the information we hold about you.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
THIRD PARTIES SECURITY MEASURES
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
All our third-party service providers, data processors and other entities are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT